Saturday, December 16, 2006

Magritte at LACMA

DAMN LACMA. I had plans to go see the Magritte show at LACMA tonight. That is before I realized after an extensive search on the website that tickets cost $22 per adult. Now I am an art lover but $22? Is it really twice the entertainment and intellectual exercise of a good film whose tickets are going for about $11. Museums wonder why people don’t go to see art. It is because the big name shows cost $22. It turns people away and then they are less likely to see the less big name shows that are part of the regular admission. There should be free nights and if there is an additional cost for the show it should be obviously noted on the exhibitions webpage not buried with the subpages for ordering tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... To appreciate art you need a pocket full of money... Sure, there was a time when I thought art was for the rich... Now you are beginning to prove it... But it never stopped me...