Sunday, December 03, 2006

MOCA –Skin and Bones 11/25/06

The opening of the Skin and Bones exhibit was a crowded but interesting affair, as I wish more art scenes in Los Angeles were. Of course crowds mean many people are seeing art, but definitely not at optimum viewing conditions, so I will hold of on a more in depth description of the show until I have more time to actually view the work on display. But from a first walk through, the show is smart and definitely a smart layout and comparison of work that you might be familiar with a lot that you are not. Innovative displays of architecture and fashion make you ask, “Why does my home, my work, my recreation, my fashion look like everything else?” And in my opinion it is always good to leave with more questions than when you arrived.

No comments: